Early in the month we unveiled our first NFT using the EXT standard for the IC — a dynamic NFT image that is created and served directly from our canisters. You can check out Cypher, the very first minted Cronic below. Cronics are generated randomly, with a range of colors and styles, as well as some super special animated styles.
Although Cronic’s started as a small experiment, we have decided to build out a NFT “virtual pet” style game which we are aiming to develop and release toward the end of 2021. The game will have the following features:
- 25,000 MAX Gen 0 Cronics
- Cronic Breeding with transferrable parent traits — you can create your own unique Cronic based on the styles you like
- Cronic Age — our Cronics will slowly age, which will affect their visual style
- Feeding and interactions — similar to virtual pets you will be required to take care of your Cronic. Malnourished Cronic’s will change appearances!
- Consumables — give your Cronics treats and toys to keep them happy!
- And finally, Pageants — enter a range of pageants with different circumstances and on-chain voting to earn prizes and more!
We hope to add more features in future as well, so please follow us to keep up to date regarding all of the announcements we make.
How do you get your hands on one?
We will be gifting the first 5000 Cronics away for free to those who decide to tip us via our TipCan. There is a 0.2ICP min amount required to be eligible to claim your free gift. We appreciate every donation, and it will go towards future developments out of ToniqLabs!
We will then sell 18k Cronics over a period of time via live-auctions, starting when we launch in October 2021. Note, not all 18k will be available at once, these will be slowly released and sold.
The remaining 2k Cronics will be held for future use.